Monday, May 18, 2009

Golden Hour - Garden of the Gods

There are times when you look through the viewfinder and hope that you can do justice to the image you see. This was one of those times. We were in the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs on a late afternoon. I was concentrating on another composition about 90 degrees to the right when Tina called out to me to look uphill. It took my breath away. I quickly reconfigured the tripod and composed my shot, crossing my fingers the whole time. In another minute or two the light changed and the brilliance faded. I was on pins and needles until I got the slides back. Then I was elated. Life was good that day!

1 comment:

  1. Golden "hour" is a kind exaggeration as many photographers know too well. The golden hour is usually about ten minutes! Nice move Tony, fast afoot is very, very helpful. Buy Tina some flowers.

    ReplyDelete