Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Golden Hour

The "Golden Hour" is a magical time. During that short period, the last hour or so before sunset, even ordinary things become extra-ordinary. This shot was taken many years ago on a trip to Prescott, Arizona. We were heading Northeast up U.S. 89 when we came to this "s" curve in our route. The glowing light on the roadcut hillside with the clouds behind was so spectacular I had to stop. Fortunately there was a pullout at just the right spot. I did about three frames before the sun dropped below the ridge behind us and just like that the scene turned ordinary. But, oh, while it lasted....

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and I am wondering if those clouds turned pink or just faded to gray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember.... I was too busy driving winding roads at that point.

    ReplyDelete