Saturday, August 1, 2009

Blue Waters and El Capitan - Yosemite

El Capitan is an incredible presence in Yosemite Valley. Imposing as it is from Inspiration Point, the closer you get to it the more massive and overwhelming it becomes. No wonder it is a magnet for rock climbers and dare-devils! But not me. I prefer my appreciation of El Capitan from a secure location - well, moderately secure.

This shot was taken at one of the last turnouts on the valley loop before the exits out of the valley. Here the Merced River reflects the deepening blue of the sky as the day reaches the Golden Hour. I'm out on the rocks by the river's edge. More secure than the face of El Capitan, but not as safe as solid ground or asphalt path. That's about as daring as I like to get. This is a favored location for many photographers. It's not hard to see why.

No comments:

Post a Comment