Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lily Pads on a Black Pond - Huntington Library and Gardens


Just a reminder that the Sierra Madre Art Fair is this Saturday and Sunday (link). Here is one of my new images that I will have available this weekend. It was shot a the Huntington Library and Gardens at their lily pond near the cactus garden. 

The Huntington is a truly magical place, especially at twilight. Members have certain evenings during the summer that they are allowed in between 5:00 and 8:00. We go when we can as there are usually great photo opportunities.

I especially love how the water goes black in this image. It's like the lily pads are floating in space. There was just enough light left to add texture and interest to several of the pads and flowers. I hope you like it as much as I do.

If you are in the area come see us in booth 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment